Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Shocking Experience...

Ok, in the states I am sure someone would sue for this, but we are in Latin America....not going to happen. This really is just a short blog about how life is a little different here than in good old Virginia. I went to a nearby pulperia (small grocery store) earlier today to buy a coke and a gatorade to replenish my depleated system (I have been sick for about a week). I reached my hand in the very normal looking refrigerator, the kind that you find full of cokes, pepsi's, and other sodas at a Stop-in or something. But when I put my hand in the fridge, I got shocked!! That's right, something shocked me and I jolted backwards! Simaltaneously the lights to two full fridges went out and the same time. After coming to (ok, it wasn't that bad), I looked inside the fridge and low and behold there were the electric wires for the fridge sticking out off the side of the fridge. Uncovered, contacted and exposed!! I had scrapped the wires with my pinky finger and received my first shock from a refrigerator!!! Hey, just part of being a missionary in a different country I guess.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

wow! I know how that is! We repeatedly got shocked by our shower at a hostel in Kenya! :)

Hey, awhile back you guys had an article about the Godmans and their gifts that they brought down. I used to babysit for them! Is there anyway you could give me their contact info?

thanks guys! so glad you're doing well!

Tiff